My 4th Child

Those of you who know me probably think I am referring to my husband, of course! (Have you met him? Love you honey, but--well, we'll just leave it at that!)

But no, poor Paul! He is not even aware of this fourth child, and, frankly, neither was I until recently! Have we adopted? Enrolled in the foster parent program? NO! I have not even actually seen the mysterious fourth child, but I know his name. And when I meet this elusive young "Not Me", he is going to get a butt-whoopin'!

Not Me uses the potty and refuses to flush, throws his other siblings' clothing, shoes, and bookbags ALL around the house, uses the last of the toilet paper and doesn't refill, eats the last of something and leaves the empty container in the cupboard, leaves doors open and lights on......the list goes on and on.

Now, to be fair, Not Me has his redeeming qualities, too. He always wants to stay home with Daddy every time I have an errand to run, and wants to go to bed on time, even shower, take out the trash . (Who's staying w/ Daddy? Who has a minute to take out this trash? and so on.)

Now, if only I could determine whether Not Me is old enough for his driver's license....'cause guess who's taking my other 3 children to get an ice cream, a happy meal, and an afternoon movie later? Not Me!

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom and wife, and an, as yet, unemployed elementary school teacher. I graduated in December 2009, and will, hopefully, get straight to work in the fall. In the meantime, I'm working on my master's and waiting for my kids in endless carpool lines!