Wow--This is a lot of work!

Well, I began my semester of student teaching a few weeks ago on September 1. My student teaching marks a milestone for my family, as I could now be considered a "working mom" for the first time in 11 1/2 years. The kids are handling it well, but it has called for many adjustments, as well as sacrifices, on the part of my family. I just hope it is not all for nothing. The economy is so terrible that even teachers cannot find work! That student loan payment book will arrive more quickly than I want it to--I hope I get a job!

I am having a great semester so far. The teacher I am working with is talented and devoted--she is wonderful to work with! I am so blessed! I have been surprised by a some of the things I have learned about the public schools, but I am taking it all in stride...I think! It can be frustrating to continually rewrite and adjust my lesson plans to accommodate for what the students need, but I am getting some great practice thinking on my feet! I was really apprehensive the week or two before I began, but am finding that I am really excited to get to school every morning! I am loving my class!

Now if I can continue to keep up with my college paperwork deadlines and still manage to have any sort of personal life, I will be all set!

posted under , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Home

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom and wife, and an, as yet, unemployed elementary school teacher. I graduated in December 2009, and will, hopefully, get straight to work in the fall. In the meantime, I'm working on my master's and waiting for my kids in endless carpool lines!